___________________________________________________

This is a blog about my obsessions, whatever they may be.

June 24, 2010

Untitled

1.

I used to feel guilty about the fact that I simply didn’t have the same interest in history other fantasists had.

I stole bits and pieces for worldbuilding as I came across them, but I never felt the need to go hunt them out. I read historical romances, but they invariably have Regency settings, a fondness I have courtesy of teenage years spent inhaling the likes of Johanna Lindsey and others.

But the reason is simple: my passion is the future, not the past.

And I shouldn’t feel guilty about it at all.

2.

Farhan Manjoo at Fast Company:

These frosted-glass doors, and similar ones all around the world protecting other caves of Apple thinkers, are emblematic of Apple's fanaticism for secrecy. But those doors are more than mere paranoia. Apple sets its own agenda and tunes out the tech wags -- competitors, industry observers, analysts, bloggers, and journalists like myself -- who constantly spew torrents of advice, huzzahs, and brickbats in its direction. Behind its doors, Apple can ignore us all.

The article offers ten lessons other tech companies can learn from Apple.

I think that the one lesson a writer could learn from Apple is that you need to protect the work.

Posted via email from The Eternity Project

No comments:

Post a Comment