___________________________________________________

This is a blog about my obsessions, whatever they may be.

March 09, 2010

1.

It is quiet in my head today. But then, I’ve had 2 1k days in 3 days so I guess that’s to be expected. Hopefully it means I’ll get a lot of other work done today.

2.

I reduced my word count from 100k to 90k.

My original projection for Act I was 20k, but I’ve actually only written about 7.5k.

I managed to cut through all the backstory, which exists in my head and which I sincerely pray that I do not forget, with a nifty trick, if I do say so myself.

3.

Joely and Nadia say that I should just continue. But the temptation to fix Act I first? Is nearly strong enough to overwhelm my Willpower.

4.

Still, I’ve managed to actually start Act II.

This is when Sooperwoman and Sooperman settle down into some kind of relationship. It’s either going to be the easiest Act to write, or the hardest. I’m betting on the latter because Act I was okay except for the part where I cut half of it – a number that was not near enough to 5 digits to make me cry.

Joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment